Opinion

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
After 14 years thinking about retiring my garden tractor from
Mowing duties since the mowing deck is rotting out and not worth
Welding up.
so looking into purchasing a new lawn tractor have 3.5 acres to mow.
And it's not flat.
What do have or opinion would be best, ztr mower out of the question
Have already looked have it narrowed down to 3
Just want to see what your thoughts are

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Always liked Koehler engine. Using Dad's Cub, my wife abuses it but it is hanging tough.

Brands don't mean much to me, I look for engine, oil filtered engine (Koehler is), then larger, heavy duty wheels.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
While I like JD farm equipment, most if not all of their small equipment is built by Chinese. It's a MTD with JD green paint.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I bought a new Cub Cadet two years ago. I cut about two acres with it. It does what I need it to do, cuts the grass. My brother bought a new Husqvarna at the same time and is very pleased with it. I keep all of the maintenance up on mine; regular oil and filter changes, lubing, pull the deck and clean it every other cut. It came with a 3-year bumper to bumper warranty and a 5-year deck warranty. Considering I only put about 40-50 hours on it a year, it should last a very long time. It's an MTD product, but isn't built as cheaply as some of their other brands.

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A ztr mower would cut your mowing time by almost 1/2 if not more. One can find a great deal on a used one in the off season months. I have ran Scag's ExMart, and now Hustlers myself. When I buy new mowers for my lawn care business, I sell my older mowers usually to someone with a larger property like yours. They love them! They are easy to operate. Just make sure to have someone with you that is familiar with them when checking them out. Lot of junk out there, being that many don't maintain their equipment like they should.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like my john deere riding mower. does not matter where it was made, it runs like a deere. loud like a deere is the only drawback

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use a Kubota tractor with a brush hog to mow my 16 acres of pasture. Then rototill 2 acres of grounds along a creek bank as a fire break around the house. :mow

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
I like my john deere riding mower. does not matter where it was made, it runs like a deere. loud like a deere is the only drawback
If it is a good mower, it is a good mower. I only said what I did about JD is because the green paint adds $1000 to mower retail price. Deere does not make them.

Latest posts