Orange is the New Black

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hated the wild day lilies, that grow on the blanks of my stream. To me they where weeds, for years I tried getting rid of them. No matter how many I dug out, they always came back ( stream so no roundup).Orange is the new trendy color, looking at them flowering today I changed my mind, now I like them. Foolish right.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hated the wild day lilies, that grow on the blanks of my stream. To me they where weeds, for years I tried getting rid of them. No matter how many I dug out, they always came back ( stream so no roundup).Orange is the new trendy color, looking at them flowering today I changed my mind, now I like them. Foolish right.
No Alex, just wiser with age! ;)

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had to accept them too @Nyboy. There were thousands of them here when we moved in, pretty much the only flower besides dandelions. I think they are pretty when they bloom in large masses, but then it's ugly real quick.

I've always been going to try the flowers on a salad but then forget about it. Anyone tried eating the flowers or the greens?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to accept them too @Nyboy. There were thousands of them here when we moved in, pretty much the only flower besides dandelions. I think they are pretty when they bloom in large masses, but then it's ugly real quick.

I've always been going to try the flowers on a salad but then forget about it. Anyone tried eating the flowers or the greens?

Daylily greens?

Latest posts