Orchid ID

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy Yes I've grown a few orchids in the day, never got serious about it, just wanted to see if I could do it. I had a couple of Dendrobiums, a couple of Cattleyas and Phalaenopsis but mostly mini Cymbidiums, hopefully I've spelt them correctly, spelling can be my downfall at times even with spellcheck.
Then the Fuchsia bug struck, I collected and grew these until just a few years ago when the area I had to display them got even a too shady for them, I have about 6 or so baskets of these every year now.
The orchids on your plates might just be an artist's interpretation, so not representative of a true species, nevertheless they're lovely, good find.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since the price of common orchids have dropped big, I always have one on my desk. I have a yellow one given to me in Nov still flowering away. Much cheaper then cut flowers. When they are finished flowering I give them away.I have a client who is into them big time. She has a Gothic orchid house on the roof of her Manhattan brownstone. Going to ask her nexttime she comes in.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know, Nyboy, that you have mentioned your orchids before. You sort of have me convinced. I keep reaching for one at my garden shop, but still haven't gotten the ?courage? to bring one home. I don't really know what's holding me back, but there you have it. Timid AND cheap.

Latest posts