Organic insecticide.

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just noticed some critters that look a lot like white fly. :barnie Has anyone tried the "do it yourself spray" with the hot pepper sauce, dish soap and water? Does that really discourage the little buggies or just spice up their salad? I read up on spays you can buy but they are really $$$.

Let me know what you guys use and how it works.

Thanks!

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's really the only spray I use and it works great!

I add garlic and onion to it as well. Let it steep overnight and spray in the early morning.

Just to add, in general soap and oil sprays are the most effective sprays used against white flies.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I make the most evil hot pepper, garlic etc. mix I can come up with. I've been known to mutter, and look over my shoulder a lot as I drop them into the Vita-Mix with water.

Then it works, and I'm fine until the next full moon. :D

Hey, isn't it a full moon about....Now?! Muahahahah! ;)

Actually, there are some good plants which can be planted if you have a white fly problem. My nicotiana, for example.

Be a little careful of what you spray soap-oil on, though. You need to not use it on some plants when it's hot.

Good luck! :)

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. This is the first year I have done a larger garden(large for me anyway) and though I don't mind sharing a little of my bounty with some insects, I don't intend to offer "The Vegetable Buffet" free of charge to any Tom, Dick or White Fly that come along.

I will have to practice the evil laugh as I mix my "secret formula". Muahhhhhh ha ha. How was that?:ya

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lol! Oooo, very good! I'm proud of you, and am sure it will give you the edge you need! ;)

Latest posts