Our second summer of 2009

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, it has been a strange year here in the Pacific Northwest. Winter stayed a little late and then it seems we got swept directly into summer. At least where I live (at about 500 feet above sea level) . . . we had about 2 weeks of normal spring weather and that was it. About now it should be cooling down and we should be enjoying indian summer. This year it isn't an indian summer, it is just summer again! My summer-bearing raspberries are setting a second crop! :th

I'm sorry to hear that those of you on the east coast never got a real summer. I wish I could send you our second summer! Truly. I have had enough. I don't even want this second crop of raspberries. :barnie

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I heard about that! And I thought of you, Wifezilla! Sorry. Though . . . would it be ok if I showed up for a visit? Please? I will bring you some fresh picked heirloom tomatoes! :D

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So my mom just said that her rhododendrons are looking like they are going to bloom again too. :gig

The plants are telling us that we have perma-summer, but the grocery stores are selling Halloween candy. This is really freaky. :hu

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
does nothing make you happy woman!!!! LOL!!!!!

we have had one of those summers I hope that tourists never see!

it was awful all of you out there terrible summer stay where you are!

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
does nothing make you happy woman!!!! LOL!!!!!
:lol:

Have I been caught complaining? ;)

Hey, if others can complain about the rain, can't I complain about the sun? Yep, "I start to complain when there's no rain." Anyone remember what song that quote came from? Used to be kinda popular.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was a weird summer here, too! Funny how that goes, huh? I think you guys in the Pacific NW got our usual weather - hot & dry. It's been unusually cool around here, although it's been as dry as it usually is. Until this week, that is. It started raining on Sunday, and isn't really supposed to stop until Saturday.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It has been an odd weather year, hasn't it? Sort of bi-polar.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden how about 300 miles to your east, northeast?

Monday morning, I was fighting the frost before 5am with the sprinklers in the dahlias (only 4 or 5 were burned). Then I raced 8 miles to my big veggie gardens to protect the peppers, tomatoes, and such. There was only a light frost there. I turned on the sprinklers and washed the ice from the plants as the sun rose.

This afternoon (Wednesday, 3:20), it was 93F at the little weather station near that veggie garden!

Steve

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yikes Steve! Good luck keeping your garden going. You have more energy and determination than I do this late in the season! I hope your efforts pay off!

Latest posts