Pandora's Box - opening up my bees - UPDATE on #19 (and pics!)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... that is a lot of honey!!! CONGRATS!

I am happy to hear it all worked out and they have made themselves at home. :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
The old beekeeper we get our bees from, says that he knows you are ready for bees, if you can have one crawling on you...I'll tell you our bees are so calm, like yours Journey- I feel no threat at all from them. This is our second year and still haven't been stung...Glad your hive is working out, Journey. They are amazing creatures and luckily they know what they are doing- even if we don't!!! Nature is amazing, in general, of course, but I think bees are on the top of the list!

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If ya all can still find this old book, you need to read:

KINDSHIP WITH ALL LIFE - by J. Allen Boone This was a real person who was a jounalist, and who was asked to tutor and take charge of the movie dog Strongheart. He tells of his communication with this dog and the other creatures of this earth.

Review:

" If you love life in all of its varigated forms ranging down from humanity to the lowly worm, you'll love KINDSHIP WIHT ALL LIFE." -Los Angeles Herald and Express

I have found out many times, in my journey with all animals and other creatures that all you have to do is think good thoughts and the world comes to you. :frow

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for giving us an update. I had been wondering how your bees were doing and if they had produced any honey. They sure produced alot! Maybe they liked you disturbing them. :lol:

Mary

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ladyhawke1 said:
If ya all can still find this old book, you need to read:

KINDSHIP WITH ALL LIFE - by J. Allen Boone This was a real person who was a jounalist, and who was asked to tutor and take charge of the movie dog Strongheart. He tells of his communication with this dog and the other creatures of this earth.

Review:

" If you love life in all of its varigated forms ranging down from humanity to the lowly worm, you'll love KINDSHIP WIHT ALL LIFE." -Los Angeles Herald and Express

I have found out many times, in my journey with all animals and other creatures that all you have to do is think good thoughts and the world comes to you. :frow
When an animal of any kind agrees to partner with man it's like a contract. Too often we only look at what they can do for us, not what we owe them in return. Killing those bees instead of rescuing them violates that contract. I can't imagine a real beekeeper would do such a thing.

Latest posts