Panic attacks

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Have you ever had a panic attack? I just went through several days of not being able to swallow right. Then, I would panic. I have no idea what was going on. I think some kind of nerve or something. Better today and going to a chiropractor. Lost 6 pounds from not eating much.
Nerves are no joke. I often wonder about which herbal teas help for different things.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yes. not pleasant experiences.

how much caffiene have you been getting?

hope the chiropractor can help, but also maybe worth a trip to a regular doc to make sure something else isn't going on.

for me reducing caffiene, relaxation exercises, exercise and Tai Chi all helped. i have had some small reoccurances since way back then but since i know what they are and how to deal with them they don't get very far.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do not drink much caffeine. I am starting to think it is just lack of oxygen to brain, maybe. For years I have been having a problem of when I drift off to sleep I seem to catch my breath. I might do it a few times or may go on for an hour and get up and get a drink of water and it might go away, but I do not have sleep apnea symptoms. I do not way up gasping and I do not have daytime sleepiness. I also for years have been freezing cold when nobody else is. I almost think there is a connect with what happened with the throat closing and being cold, but whatever it is, I am going to lose weight and eat a diet may increase circulation. This was a little bit more than I want to deal with. :th

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do not drink much caffeine. I am starting to think it is just lack of oxygen to brain, maybe. For years I have been having a problem of when I drift off to sleep I seem to catch my breath. I might do it a few times or may go on for an hour and get up and get a drink of water and it might go away, but I do not have sleep apnea symptoms. I do not way up gasping and I do not have daytime sleepiness. I also for years have been freezing cold when nobody else is. I almost think there is a connect with what happened with the throat closing and being cold, but whatever it is, I am going to lose weight and eat a diet may increase circulation. This was a little bit more than I want to deal with. :th

:hugs nobody wants to deal with health stuff!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got worse and went to walk-in clinic and they said not a panic attack but anxiety and I handled it well. :( They just went on and on about I should be on a blood thinner and did an EKG and it was fine. I refused to let them do anymore checking for blood clots. He was the same doctor a year and a half ago when I did have blood clots. I called the chiropractor/kinesiologist/nutrition/miracle worker doctor :) and told him my symptoms. The other doctor in there is not a kinesiologist and has been treating my neck and shoulder problems, which he said is not wear and tear but injuries. So, I go and this doctor finds I have a hiatal hernia and also I had hit the top of my head on the car from leaning over and standing and my neck went crazy. He thought the hitting the head had made my symptoms worse, so he did a bunch of things to my head and for the hiatal hernia, and after working on the hiatal hernia, I felt the strange feeling that feels like something moved, like a skipped heart beat, and he said he thinks that’s the problem. I went home yesterday after lunch from there and felt great, slept all night and have had no problems today. :):):) After thinking about this, I remember hitting my head very hard and from a raising up position. I was either picking weeds or trying to catch a rabbit in the herb garden and the kitchen window was open, and I stood and hit the top of my head with a pretty severe force. I am not sure when all my strange symptoms started, but DH was diagnosed in 2015 and I had already started the catching my breath when I fall asleep and doctors have said maybe sleep apnea, and they also said, they do not know, probably anxiety. If this doctor fixes this then I am going to be on the road to health. I really believe this doctor is going to fix this breathing problem and a lot of other chronic things. I have lost 8 pounds, partly from not being able to swallow a few days, but also more fruit and vegetables and eating less. I guess with the breathing I did turn into anxiety attacks, but I was having severe symptoms and reacting to that, and not just sitting around being mentally stressed, I have basically been in distress for weeks.

Latest posts