Pantry thread

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread dedicated to our pantries but I would really like to see other gardeners pantries for inspiration and ideas.

I dont have a designated pantry so for now these metal shelves will do. We bought the shelves from Home Depot.

Except for the large white containers on the bottom shelf I either canned or dehydrated using the produce from our garden.

The jars with the orange squash is from last year. Everything else is from this year.

We bought the large white containers from Sam's club. They are air tight and are holding rice, beans and oats.

So please share pics of your pantry if you'd like. I would love to see them!

Attachments

• 20210813_163639.jpg
    20210813_163639.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 164
  • 20210813_163600.jpg
    20210813_163600.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 178

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm using shelves like those myself. I have them in an extra bedroom. I'll get pics and show them.

Do you have liners on the shelves? I have liners on one and cardboard on the rest. Makes it easier for me to slid them in/out.
No liners but the cardboard is a great idea! I'll have to do that.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
T
Not sure if there is a thread dedicated to our pantries but I would really like to see other gardeners pantries for inspiration and ideas.

I dont have a designated pantry so for now these metal shelves will do. We bought the shelves from Home Depot.

Except for the large white containers on the bottom shelf I either canned or dehydrated using the produce from our garden.

The jars with the orange squash is from last year. Everything else is from this year.

We bought the large white containers from Sam's club. They are air tight and are holding rice, beans and oats.

So please share pics of your pantry if you'd like. I would love to see them!
That is really incredible! What a gorgeous display of the garden's bounty!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we just use the front closet as our pantry storage space, it is not very convenient and a pain in the butt, but it is what we have. no pictures. it's just cases of jars stacked with a few cardboard layers in between to provide some cushion.

i do often daydream of turning one wall of this room into more pantry space but i can't really afford to lose that much space from this room. i have bookshelves along that wall already.

there is an extra futon/couch in this room that is not used as a couch much at all. i stack boxes on it and put some things under it, but mostly it is a waste of space. i'd like to get rid of it and have more open space or i could put more shelves up instead. not going to happen any time soon, but at least some of that could be used as pantry space and easier access to stored items.

Last edited:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A pantry next to the kitchen is one of the reasons we decided to buy this house, but I didn't plant so many yet, most of the harvest we can't finish soon will go to the freezer (we have two). The pantry room at this moment is used for store all kind of house supply, from food to toilet papers :p

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
A pantry next to the kitchen is one of the reasons we decided to buy this house, but I didn't plant so many yet, most of the harvest we can't finish soon will go to the freezer (we have two). The pantry room at this moment is used for store all kind of house supply, from food to toilet papers :p

this is a small house and not a huge amount of storage space up above. there is a crawl space underneath but it isn't easy to get to so the area is pretty much wasted space. it would have been so nice had they put a basement underneath for some storage space and a bit of a stairway but that wasn't done. they didn't build this place to be a full-time living space, but instead it was only supposed to be a summer-cottage and art studio type of place. it is ok for us, but we do have to keep things under control - now when we buy something we have to plan on what to get rid of to compensate.

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have a small closet we use as a pantry in the kitchen, although it was originally designed to be a stairwell to the basement if our prefab was put on a basement foundation instead of a slab. It's not very big, and very awkwardly shaped, so the smallest bedroom is being lined with wire shelving and used for general storage, although two of the shelves are specifically for food. Once we have an outside storage space again, I hope to use the whole room as a pantry! Not too keen on it atm since there are weedeaters and even a small gas can in there and I don't want those stored with my food.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is no way I'm showing you my pantry, which is behind a fancy glass door in the kitchen. Its stuffed. As are several cupboards in what used to be the laundry room, and in an armoire in our bedroom. I'm a hoarder, after all.

I've been busy dehydrating and vac packing all clearance veggies I find at the store. And canning anything I can get my hands on - usually clearance meat.

Edited to add: Wow those are gorgeous jars of yummy food. So neat and tidy and so pretty! Good job!