Part of what kept me busy for 2011..Goat/Kid pic's

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
101_6934.jpg

Newborn doe kid born in mid March. Alpine/ Nubian cross..

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
019.jpg

One week later..Cocoa gave birth to twins.. Cocoa Chanel,(doe) and Cacoa, (buck). When Cocoa Chanel was born she was weak and could not stand, suckle or swallow. I brought her inside to bring her body temp up, rubbed top of her throught to get her sucking reflexes going, and gave her drops of her moms colostrum. She came close to dying, but I stayed by her side and nursed her, till she could stand and drink. Within 6 hours she was back out with her mom and brother.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh how cute!! I want to be that kind of busy! What are your plans? Soap, milk, etc? Peppermint Patty is too adorable with that sweater on!

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
012.jpg

Lesa, Lot's of goats milk for Ice cream, yogurt, soap and soon cheese.

Sorry about the large picture! I resized it but dont know why it turned out so lg.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fabulous! How does the goats milk taste? Do you just drink it, or always make it into something else?

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My goats milk tastes wonderful! No different than fresh cows milk. Creamy and rich. If my picky 21 year old son drinks it, you know it's good!! LOL! I just started milking last year. We drink it, make it into ice cream, yogurt and soap. So far I have not made cheese, but that is on the agenda for this year. :) I have pictures of my bars of soap, but cant find them at the moment. Will post when I do!

Latest posts