Pasting Problem

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a problem sometimes when I try to copy/paste something onto this forum. I'm on another forum that uses the same version of ZenForo, so I think it has to be the forum and not my computer. These are the only places I have this problem. When I copy something, say a plant name or web URL, and try to paste it in my reply sometimes the paste option is grayed out so I can not paste it. Sometimes I can paste on thing, but nothing else after. Also sometimes the screen freezes when I am typing and I have to reload the page. Luckily I don't loose what I have typed. Is this a problem with the forum software? There, it just froze twice when I was typing this and I had to fresh the page. The freezing isn't as bad as the not being able to paste.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having this odd problem.

1) Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
2) Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
3) Have you tried a different browser (we suggest Google Chrome or Firefox)?

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I use Firefox 29.0.1
I delete cache/cookies every night.
I haven't tried Chrome. I really don't like it but I'll see if it is works.
This has been a problem for a while. It only happens on XenForo. I have the same problem on another forum that uses the same software. I don't have this problem anywhere else, it's really odd. I'm use to working with it now, but it can be a pain.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
It might be a plugin or computer issue. We have hundreds of peeps using the sites on that version of Firefox and haven't received any other notifications, but we'll keep an eye on it and keep digging.

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was playing around a bit, trying to paste some text and it wasn't working, the option was grayed out. So just to try something I clicked on the little icon all the way on the right 'Use BB Code Editor'. I can paste without issue when I click that. I haven't tried chrome yet. I'll do that right now and see what happens there.

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok, tried in Chrome. No issues, but I'll have to try a few more times. It doesn't always happen. I guess maybe it could be one of my add-ons. I don't know how they could be affecting my paste ability. Oh well, I've found a work around. It has to be something conflicting with XenForo I guess.

Latest posts