Pea Blooms!

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The peas started blooming this week! The first picture is of my blue podded peas, the second the snow peas:
Garden+and+Flowers+6-8-11+002.jpg

Garden+and+Flowers+6-8-11+004.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just harvested my first snap peas the other day! Those pink blooms are beauties- mine are just white...Enjoy!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Snow Peas are blooming right now as well. Can't wait to pick some soon, just hope I pick them on time this year last year I think I picked them a little late when the peas inside were swelling. I have a nice recipe for snow peas.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love how gorgeous and delicate pea blossoms are! :)

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful pictures. So exciting! :D
Thanks!
Just harvested my first snap peas the other day! Those pink blooms are beauties- mine are just white...Enjoy!
Yum, I can't wait to eat the first peas :drool
My Snow Peas are blooming right now as well. Can't wait to pick some soon, just hope I pick them on time this year last year I think I picked them a little late when the peas inside were swelling. I have a nice recipe for snow peas.
Aren't they are a pretty addiction to the garden?

I love how gorgeous and delicate pea blossoms are! :)
I do too, the interesting part is the blue podded peas as the are "dieing" (getting ready to be peas!) they are turning to a pretty blueish/purple color. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH just came from the garden and told me we have blooms on the peas. I am so EXCITED. I am VERY ready for some fresh vegtables. :drool

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Our snap peas are in bloom, and producing too! This year I planted both sugar ann (dwarf type) and sugar snap (tall type) together and it's working out great. Pictures and about growing them here: http://www.betterhensandgardens.com/2011/06/15/growing-sugar-snap-peas/

The sugar anns are making early peas, while the sugar snaps are just starting to bloom - so we should get a longer pea harvest. So far I'm pretty happy with the sugar ann and sugar snap varieties, but has anyone else tried the other varieties out there (like Sugar Bon, Sugar Lace, etc., etc.) and what did you think? Is there anything better than Sugar Snap for the tall variety and Sugar Ann for the short variety?

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm home from vacation and while I was gone the peas got so heavy they pulled down their fence. But both types are covered in peas, so I need to harvest tomorrow.

Latest posts