Pea Blooms!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
BetterHensandGardens said:
. . . Is there anything better than Sugar Snap for the tall variety and Sugar Ann for the short variety?
I have grown Sugar Daddy and there was another one but I don't remember the name. Came back to Sugar Snap.

Or, I came back to Super Sugar Snap. Mildew can be a problem in a lot of things here. It was good that they bred some mildew resistance into Sugar Snap and right to call it "Super!"

This year, I wish there was resistance to bugs bred into them . . .

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My snap peas are pretty close to done. I did enjoy them, this year. Nice to have something to harvest, so early in the season. The only thing to beat them, was the asparagus!

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We are just now getting a few snow peas on 4 month old plants. You have given me the inspiration to give them another week or two to produce. Otherwise they will be given to the chickens and I'm putting in yet more beans.

Today before the crew showed up for Fathers Day I saw a few inch long snow peas and quickly ate them, making sure nobody saw me. If they don't get to producing soon on to the next crop of beans.

I swear the weather has been a little crazy and many cool season crops are still going strong and the warm season crops are really kicking in. I just don't want to waste an opening for something that will realy succeed. It would probably help to not spend so much time in the garden agonizing over things. Is there a GA (Gardeners Anonymous) meeting out there anywhere! :p

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
First I got spinach, lettuce, asparagas, rhubarb, now the sugar snap are coming in... & potatoes have flowers

I dont know where this should go but I found a wonderful organic bug killer...food grade Diamaticus Earth I sprinkled it on my Asparagas just as the beetles where starting to show up and no infestation and my broccoli I found only 3 cabbage worms on the plants which I fed to my chickens...It is an amazing product..and a little goes a long way...

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today's harvest:
Pea+Haverst+6-19-11+004.jpg

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So, he's helping you harvest, then? LOL

We used to have a dog that loved to harvest our cherry tomatoes. For a long time we couldn't figure out where the ripe tomatoes were going, then one day we caught him in the act. It was pretty funny watching him sniff around and choose the ripe ones!

Latest posts