PEACE LILY problem please HELP!!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
When you say best among the crowd-did the others look poorly?
buddy64 said:
catjac1975 said:
The reason I said that was for the reason of an air conditioning vent perhaps being nearby. Good point about drainage. Was it wrapped in gift foil? That's the first thing I remove in a potted plant.Sometimes when a plant's environment is changed you sometimes get poor results. But the peace lily is a common gift plant and usually is easy to keep. I think they do better with a bit of neglect,less watering. Repotting in bloom is never a good idea. Good luck.
buddy64 said:
Hi catjac thx for the reply! Yeah it looked great when I first bought it but it all started when several days after I first watered the plant the soil's still quite wet, and the leaves started to droop and didn't get any better, so I thought the soil might be too heavy and allow for little vendilation within, so I repotted ASAP with the new soil and it seems to have had a hard time adjusting from the change. Any more advise? btw what do u mean "don't say where you are from"? :)
No it's just a normal potting plant I got from IKEA, it was perky and good, best among the crowd when I got it:( .....and there isn't any air conditioning here just room temperature, that's why I'm so confused about what could be the cause of this prolonged sickness......maybe I should just neglect it a bit more??

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
stop giving it water. they will look a little frumpy for about a week till the roots learn to spread out into their new environment in search of space and any remaining water in the pot. they also call these lilies 'resurrection' lilies. and that isn't just because they are commonly given at funerals, they take a beating and nearly look dead till you give them water when they are dried out.

buddy64

Sprout
Reaction score
catjac: Not really the others look fair, just not as thriving as this one I got, a bit fewer leaves and not as perky:) hope that it's on it's on the right track back to how it's been when we first saw it I'm not giving up on it!! :D

buddy64

Sprout
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
stop giving it water. they will look a little frumpy for about a week till the roots learn to spread out into their new environment in search of space and any remaining water in the pot. they also call these lilies 'resurrection' lilies. and that isn't just because they are commonly given at funerals, they take a beating and nearly look dead till you give them water when they are dried out.
Thx for the reply!:) Yes I think it makes a lot sense. I just watered it early this morning out of desparation so maybe I'll keep an close eye on its reaction the next few days, it looks a bit better now already hopefully I'm not imagining it....but from now on I'll try to stay away from anything abrupt just to give it time and the right environment for self-adjustment!! Cheers:)

BD

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
One thing my mom used to do when her plants got over-watered was to take the plant out of the pot and let it dry on the counter for a couple of hours. Technically not repotting, since the whole soggy mess came out in one lump and went back in the same way. She used to save lots of stuff that her "helpers" thought needed LOTS of water!

I'm a chronic under-waterer, so haven't had occasion to try it myself.

Latest posts