Peach Tree Bust

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
honeycomb, I usually spray with neem oil, its the best to chose the organic option. Unfortunately, brown rot I've learned doesn't go away with neem. I also found it doesn't treat fire blight (which nothing gets rid of that).

Preventative measure after you treat it should help though, so you want to tree with the copper sulfate over the winter to clear it up... the neem should help prevent it spreading to them again later if you want to switch over later.

I, sadly, am fighting fire blight which is at its peak of destroying my pears trees again. We're thinking of removing the pears and just adding more peach and apple trees next year. Might as well start again!
Thanks you for that information! This is my first fruit tree, and I guess I will have to use the Copper Sulfate! good luck with your Peach and apple trees.

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The work that goes with the fruit trees doesn't bother me. I would much rather load up the bed of my little JD gator and spend the day tooling around outside instead of trapped in the house, LOL! Even with the terrible heat we just endured I still spent a good amount of time outside creating new projects. :)

We had always planned of expanding by adding a tree or two every year, just have unemployment in our way. Once we clear that hurdle we'll get ourselves back on track.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ShowMe31 said:
The work that goes with the fruit trees doesn't bother me. I would much rather load up the bed of my little JD gator and spend the day tooling around outside instead of trapped in the house, LOL! Even with the terrible heat we just endured I still spent a good amount of time outside creating new projects. :)

We had always planned of expanding by adding a tree or two every year, just have unemployment in our way. Once we clear that hurdle we'll get ourselves back on track.
I would rather be outside every day !!! and most nites!!!