Pears!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Thus proving that indeed, THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES TO DUCT TAPE!
You mean like this:

9500_ducttape.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:caf

pffffffffffffffffffffffff~~~ all over my laptop!

Thanks Monty, now I have to clean my coffee up from all over my laptop!

:gig

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Proud of you for getting those pears done. I like the idea of grape roll ups. My pears are not quite ready, but I fear the chickens will get as many as the family will. I have NOT been motivated to do much canning this year. Hum-m-m, I guess I'm just blaming everything on depression right now. No excuse!

Perhaps I can con my granddaughter into helping with the pears for some roll ups.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
bay, you have your hands full taking care of your mom, that's for sure. sounds like she's going to be ok, but in the meantime - it's tough all the way around. my dad lived with us the last four months of his life. he had alzheimers. he could have lived much longer, but he fell & cracked his pelvis. it took him right down.

those perishable foods can sure call loudly for us to get with it

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, the bag of pears never made it. I had to give them to the chickens. :hit They at least enjoyed them. When we went to the Dr that Thursday, he sent mom straight to the hospital. She had 2 compression fractures and an orthopedic surgeon operated on her the next morning. Khyphoplasty. He inserted a catheter into the vertebrae, then a tiny balloon to pump the bone back into place, then he glued it. Marvelous! From the hospital, mom went to a nursing home for rehab. Boy, is she ever pi$$ed at me! We are working on week two and according to the wisdom of Mom, she doesn't need any of this, is just fine and ready to go home. I go twice a day, get her clothes, wash them and take them back. I take Polly the dog, who Mom would much rather see anyway. :/ This should go for a few more weeks until Mom can get around again. No matter, it's all my fault anyway. :hu

My friend at church gave me a HUGE bag of pears Sunday. I just got 9 pint jars put up. I still have pears to put up, will probably get the rest of them tomorrow morning. I just can't stop and concentrate on any one thing at this time, for any length of time. I don't have ADDHD, but if it's contagious, I must be "catching" it. :lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish somebody would give me a bag of pears. :) Those fruit roll ups sound really yummy!

Sorry to hear that your mom is not being a very patient patient! We all know you are doing the best you can with the situation. Hang in there! :hugs

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
I wish somebody would give me a bag of pears. :) Those fruit roll ups sound really yummy!

Sorry to hear that your mom is not being a very patient patient! We all know you are doing the best you can with the situation. Hang in there! :hugs
Sorry, missed it. Recipe for fruit roll-ups?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
journey11 said:

Sorry, missed it. Recipe for fruit roll-ups?
First post, Seedcorn. Real easy, just peel, core and simmer until soft. Drain real good, puree and mix in a can of frozen Welches grape juice. Spread the puree out on the solid sheets in the food dryer and dehydrate according to the manufacturer's directions. To expedite things, I turned the dial to a hotter temperature for the first hour, then put it back down on fruits temp. When dry, I cut each sheet into 4 pieces and sandwiched between wax paper. Then I packed them in a zip loc bag.

Latest posts