Pecan Trees

dwbonfire87

Sprout
Reaction score
We have several pecan trees on our property that were planted a few years ago by a previous owner. We have too many here and only want to keep a few out in our pastures for the horses as nice shade. Im not sure exactly how many years old they are, but they are well grown and getting to the point they need to be dug up and moved now or it will be too much work next year probably. I do see pecans on them but I have no idea how to harvest them and whatnot, which I will probably look into

My main question here is rather than cutting down the trees and burning them, I'd rather sell them if someone wants to come dig them up and haul them away. I have no idea if a pecan tree is worth someones trouble to do so, but if it were, how much should I ask per tree? Any ideas/advice/knowledge would be great! thanks!!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think I live close enough to take you up on the offer. We have had no luck growing them here anyway. You might want to look up what nurseries are selling them for and cut the price a tad as the new owners will be doing the removal.

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Man, I would loooooove to have a pecan tree!! Lucky you!! :bun

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not sure where you live, we have a TON of pecan trees all over town, and the side of the road and along wooded areas. I pull my car over and just rake up the nuts off the ground and put them in bags to take home. Makes my winter baking ROCK! :D

Depending on how easy they are to come by, you may be able to get someone to buy them if they aren't readily available. Otherwise you may just want to give them away to whomever is willing to come do the work to get them up and moved? Not sure where you are located though?!

Latest posts