People Who eat Organic

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I try to eat organic as much as possible. I do not cook in the microwave. Mostly, it is my "tea making machine". I have heard too many reports of plastic in the microwave dangers, etc. If I use it to warm leftovers- I always use a glass dish.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I seldom use the microwave for cooking but I do use it to reheat leftovers.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I stopped using the microwave altogether a few years ago. It's on a shelf in the garage, waiting for who knows what situation to be used again. Maybe for melting something that's not food? I don't know.

My son clued me in on what happens to the cell structure of food that has been microwaved and so I looked into it. It was compelling enough for me to decide I didn't need it. We have a toaster oven for small reheats.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use it quite a bit to make oatmeal in AM. So what is it doing to me?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have not had nor used a microwave for years, since I moved back to California. They simply use too much wattage for off grid life. I mean, I could, but it'd always only be when the generator was on the way I use my espresso machine. But, I feel no need for the microwave.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have my propane oven and stove, just like modern days with it :p

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cannot say that I "eat organic" other than the food from my own gardens.

I just wanted to say something about using the microwave. Since they first showed up, I have tried to find a good use for them. Mostly, I've failed.

Most recently, I've tried to come up with a sure-fire way to make sauces in the microwave. I am unconvinced. Unconvinced that they will be less bother than a double boiler and unconvinced that I really need to make sauces, at all :p. Sauces tend to be high-salt and high-fat affairs - a diet without them is probably better for the health. Standing over the double boiler might be the best price to pay for one sauce or another. Maybe I can sweat the calories & salt out ;).

It sits right beside the fridge and that seems appropriate. Often, I have no desire to simply pull something out of the cold and, zap it hot. Eating it cold is sometimes fine with me but far less so with DW. I continue to make casseroles and reheating veggies and meat in a new combination in a casserole makes them interesting and tasty! I suppose that next I could try to figure out how to use the microwave for a casserole but I don't think it is going to work well. Me heating water in it sure doesn't count for much :/.

Steve

Latest posts