People Who eat Organic

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I dont eat organic...sometimes i buy organic things, and *mostly* my garden is organic, but i'm not strict about it. And same with the microwave, i use it sometimes, i reheat in plastic like you're not supposed to...i just dont do that all the time. Moderation.

Microwave is below xray radiation on the infrared spectrum, and after learning about radiation protection and effects in my xray classes, i'm not that worried about the low levels of xray we're exposed to. Since microwave is a lesser energy, and nonionizing, i'm definitely not going to worry about my body being exposed to the microwave while its running. As far as eating food cooked in the microwave...i guess i dont know of any reason that i would worry about it...seems to me that changing cell structure is what we're doing every time we cook food with ANY method...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I cannot say that I "eat organic" other than the food from my own gardens.

I just wanted to say something about using the microwave. Since they first showed up, I have tried to find a good use for them. Mostly, I've failed.

Most recently, I've tried to come up with a sure-fire way to make sauces in the microwave. I am unconvinced. Unconvinced that they will be less bother than a double boiler and unconvinced that I really need to make sauces, at all :p. Sauces tend to be high-salt and high-fat affairs - a diet without them is probably better for the health. Standing over the double boiler might be the best price to pay for one sauce or another. Maybe I can sweat the calories & salt out ;).

It sits right beside the fridge and that seems appropriate. Often, I have no desire to simply pull something out of the cold and, zap it hot. Eating it cold is sometimes fine with me but far less so with DW. I continue to make casseroles and reheating veggies and meat in a new combination in a casserole makes them interesting and tasty! I suppose that next I could try to figure out how to use the microwave for a casserole but I don't think it is going to work well. Me heating water in it sure doesn't count for much :/.

Steve
Hey Steve, If you would use more butter in your sauces, you wouldn't need that double boiler! butter = yum :D

Latest posts