Perennial vegetables

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I would like to try some perennial vegetables in the veg. garden. I'm looking at asparagus but what are some other plants that I could try?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
Here is an interesting discussion on perennial vegetables. And rhubarb is a vegetable, even though we treat it as sort of a fruit.
How sad it makes me that I can NOT grow rhubarb here in the south... it just doesn't do well... and those here who have tried usually fail the first few attempts.... I miss my grandmother's strawberry rhubarb pies she made in CT. :hit

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ah, too warm, huh? That's too bad. This is the first spring I'll be able to harvest mine, this will be their third season. Now I need to plant some strawberries to go with them!

But then again, you can grow artichokes, probably, and cardoon, and figs, all stuff we can't grow (easily) up here. It's a trade off, I guess :watering

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
But then again, you can grow artichokes, probably, and cardoon, and figs, all stuff we can't grow (easily) up here. It's a trade off, I guess :watering
Figs! *sigh*

I so love figs...

Phyllis

Bebop

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I want to try rhubarb too!
I live in NW TN, I'm not too sure where I am zone wise I think 6 or 7, but it can grow here if I baby it.
>^.^<

Latest posts