Perhaps we are getting a new neighbor.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What do you mean, that's a great picture, we also have those guys here along with two of the little guys, the hairy and downy woodpecker,s flickers too.
Spring is just around the corner and then.... to be awakened from a sound sleep the sound of machine gun fire, not really, it's a flicker drumming on the flashing around the chimney, looking to attract a mate.

Annette

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, Jack!

I very, very seldom see this woodpecker.

We have the downy, hairy and flickers. Maybe there's just too much pecking, going on.

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have quite a few hereabouts. I always love seeing them and also hearing them. We also have all the usual suspects of woodpeckers but I think the Flicker is my favorite...so very pretty to me.

upload_2018-2-13_4-17-39.jpeg

images

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i leave the dead trees stand as long as they aren't a hazard so the woodpeckers have something to work on.

one year i had a juvenile male think the side of the house was a good sounding board. chased him off a few times and he didn't come back. *whew*

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love the pileated woodpeckers! We have them here in east Texas too. They require a large area and old forest. I love to hear their calls. I am happy that one is taking up residence in your area.

Latest posts