Permaculture!! This will lighten up your brain!

riverman

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I recently watched a documentary from the 70s or 80s titled "The Permaculture Concept" with Bill Mollison I believe his name is. You can type it in on Youtube.com and watch it. I'll find a good link to the movie online for everyone to view! He kind of coined the term permaculture I believe back then and explains how he uses an ecosystem to sustains himself without harming the ecosystem, working with nature rather than against it. Please just give it a glance, it might give you a new look on nature.

Moriene

Sprout
Reaction score
Permaculture is an approach to designing human settlements and agricultural systems that are modeled on the relationships found in natural ecologies. Permaculture aims to create stable, productive systems that provide for human needs, harmoniously integrating the land with its inhabitants.
Intentional Manifestation

riverman

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ten points for copy/paste and wikipedia.

dragonlaurel

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Permaculture is a great idea, but I was frustrated finding info on permaculture for cooler areas for a while. Lots of stuff was done in Australia or the tropics. I'm in zone 7. Midwest Permaculture had more info on the plants that could grow well here. Some good worksheets you can download to help out too.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Permaculture is a great idea, but I was frustrated finding info on permaculture for cooler areas for a while. Lots of stuff was done in Australia or the tropics. I'm in zone 7. Midwest Permaculture had more info on the plants that could grow well here. Some good worksheets you can download to help out too.
Have you tried permies.com? click here for their discussion forum Paul Wheaton does a pretty good job of presenting permaculture and I think most of it is located in northern Montana. He also has many videos on youtube. You'll have to read, read, read and sort out what you want and what you don't want but it's kind of fun.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for that link, smiles. That Paul guy is only 2 hours from me, in missoula, mt, so i'm sure i'll find some good info on that page. Just was there for like 5seconds but it looks like tons of info.