Persimmon Seeds - Free!

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have persimmon seeds available, if you have never had a persimmon, you should really try one. They have a great fruity almost citrus like taste when ripe. I can send up to 4 lots of 5 seeds per lot. Usually I would have more, but the animals got most of the persimmons this year.

This is the info I found about propogating them from seeds:

Propagation by Seed

Time of year to collect seed: autumn
Time of year to sow seed: spring
Seed treatment : stratify 40F 2-3mo.
Preferred temperature for germination : 70-85 degrees F
Time required for germination : 6-8 weeks
Comment: Seeds should be planted at a depth of 2 inches, and seedbeds should be mulched. Seedling have a strong taproot and should be field planted at the end of the first season.

Post here first if you would like seeds, and then PM me your address.

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Do they grow into a bush or tree? What zone could they grow in?
How long until you get fruit? As you can see I don't know much about them. :idunno

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Persimmons grow best in zones 5-9, they grow into trees, and you can get fruit in as little as 4-5 years.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would love to try growing some! If you search hard enough, sometimes you'll find the small-fruited wild ones around here, but the deer usually get them first when they hit ripeness (under-ripe will make your tongue curl!!) Are these a tame variety by any chance? I'd still take some, even if they were wild though!

mener6896

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I had a persimmon tree when I was a kid, I remember how good they were, but only ripe!! Don't accidentally get a green one :lol:

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
journey11 said:
I would love to try growing some! If you search hard enough, sometimes you'll find the small-fruited wild ones around here, but the deer usually get them first when they hit ripeness (under-ripe will make your tongue curl!!) Are these a tame variety by any chance? I'd still take some, even if they were wild though!
I believe these to be a wild variety, they are American Persimmons (As opposed to Asian)

jojo54 said:
I would love to try to grow some. By chance do you mail to Canada?
I'm not sure of the export/import laws regarding seeds, so I'm not sure, the extra postage wouldn't be a problem though.

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just realized my inbox was full, I cleared it some.

Although I am not requesting anything in exchange for the seeds, I am always on the look out for zinnia and calendula seeds, I am also open to anything else (I like surprises) if you would like to send me something (again, don't feel obligated to) just ask for my address in your PM.

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
All the seeds are gone, they will be going out tomorrow,

orloff, you need to send me your address.

Latest posts