Peter

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Awww Steve, I have this book. Same pictures and all. It's really old and my son loved it when he was 5 years old in kindergarten. I would read it to him before bed.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Peter came out of my garden, sat along the fence line for a few moments, then went right back in the garden . . .

This time, I had time to take a shot at him. The camera was handy ;).

He has really done considerable damage to the 1st planting of beans :rolleyes:, which are planted near the neighbor's raspberry/grape jungle. The 2nd planting is a little farther out in the garden. So far, Peter has left them alone. The pole beans are quite a distance away in a corner. I have noticed some damage over there.

He has zero respect for my hat :/!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I always loved that naughty Peter, and the boys had it read to them over and over..
Nowadays I sympathize more with farmer McGregor!

Have you ever tried using a repellent Steve? I know Plantskydd makes a granular one that is supposed to be effective for rodent types. I've seen it stocked at Ace hardware, but I don't have any first hand experience with it.
I use the liquid Plantskydd deer repellent and it's one of the best.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Oh, I always loved that naughty Peter
HAHAHA, this whole thread has amused me muchly, and now even MORE with that comment Thistle - my hubby's name is Peter! :gig

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, Mary.

I think that this would be especially for you . . . you, and the British who had a BBC television cartoon show with this as the theme.

It is a very sweet song and Miriam Stockley has a lovely voice. Click on the rabbit :) :

digitS'

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You need to change out that fencing, Steve. They have a special one for gardening with real small openings on the bottom and getting bigger toward the top. I am really not very good about sharing my garden goodies with critters. I guess it is not very generous of me... I just work too hard for that! I do love the story of Peter Rabbit though. In those days I was cheering for the rabbit- these days I agree with Farmer McGregor!