Petunia discoloration

leewald

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I noticed some leaves starting to yellow on my Wave Petunias last week and since then have tried a number of different attempts to get them green again with nothing seeming to help. I tried giving them a dose of Iron and checked the PH of the water. I fertilize regularly with 20-20-20. How do I post pics on here?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
leewald, welcome to the forum. I think you have to post at least 10 posts before you are allowed to post photos. It's a rule to help disuade spammers. I find my petunias leaves will turn yellow if they are too crowded, or too wet. And, an occasional yellow leaf is expected on any plant. But you can tell if it is more than typical. Also, check for spider mites or other bugs sucking the life out of them.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I agree. Petunias don't like to be crowded. I had 6 or 7 Supertunias in a hanging basket last year. No central greenery at all. Everything on the insides wilted away, while all the outer leaves just got more vigourous. And I aslo agree that Yellow Leaves can be found on any plant. You should see my Bearbells! And let's not forget Cushion Spurge :p

leewald

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Yes there are small black bugs on them. They don't move at all when I touch them or shake the leaves. What works best for spider mites?

leewald

Leafing Out
Reaction score
What puzzles me is that in spite of the yellow leaves, or the leaves with brown blotches on them, the petunias seem to bloom very nicely.

leewald

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I need a quick way to get 10 posts

leewald

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My discriptions of the flowers don't seem to do them any justice. I'd love to post pics.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're getting there!
Spider mites are not usually black; more kind of red or greyish or "nothing" colored. Best seen by lightly spraying the underside of the leaves with a very fine mist of water. If you have spider mites, you will see the webs, as the water collects on them, on the underside of the leaf. A good strong spray of water is one of the least "chemical" ways of getting rid of spider mites if you see you have them. They like dry, dry, dry and no wind.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh and I should tel you that Bumping is against the rules (posting repeatedly on a thread without apparent reason)

Latest posts