Phaedra's 2021 Garden

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The last day of 2021 - My husband took one day off, and we went to rebuild the living room. As all shops have to close at 2 pm (it's a regulation), we went into different areas for taking items we already planned in advance. Of course, plants and utensils are my parts.
3540.jpg

3545.jpg

After hours of effort, I was so glad to see my father-in-law sitting on the sofa, listening to the classical music that always could please him in the past, picking a book from the shelf, and having a cup of fruit tea.

At this moment, this living room was completely refreshed and will carry more pleasant moments with us.
3535.jpg

The magic of plants - they brought the energy of life into this space. Although the garden still looks sad, it will transform when spring is here again.
3508.jpg

Lovely utensils are essential.
3496.jpg

3497.jpg

A small change for the entrance. :D
3523.jpg

Are you ready for the coming 2022? We are ready! Let me say: Happy New Year to You All!
3547.jpg

3546.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Part of my veggies also arrived in the small garden of my father-in-law's house.
3689.jpg

This is the best scenario I've created for them so far.
3654.jpg

Time is the most valuable resource that we can use. I love to see how they enjoy being together with each other.

Meanwhile, new utensils continue to go onboard.
3684.jpg

I added some more food to his meal, and it seems he was OK with that. I decided to cook for him from tomorrow. If it's OK for him, I will become his private cook, too. Well, such a boring lunch (and it costs about 12USD) makes me upset.
3682.jpg

It's Sunday, so we eat together. :D
3691.jpg

I kept harvesting leafy greens, purple kale, and purple Brussels sprout from my garden. I love those winter vegetables! Three young hens (which are hatched this June) all start laying. Bravi recovers very well, too. I am happy that our house and garden run well, so I have the capacity to take care of the house in Cologne.

3629.jpg

3630.jpg

3706.jpg

New feathers grow very quickly - Bravi lives a very normal life with her flock now.
3707.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The days were busy, especially after I decided to cook for my father-in-law. I fully realized that business is business, and whoever runs such food delivery service is for a maximized profit instead of a charity. However, the food always looks sad and makes me upset. Additionally, it costs around 10USD per meal.

3742.jpg

I canceled all the lunches my husband ordered earlier. As the kitchen is almost fully functional again (besides the oven I dared not to open, horrible), I don't think preparing his meals will be a problem.

Different supermarkets - but I am good at finding discounted goodies! Besides, it's a pleasant route to walk to the supermarket when the weather is good. Every time I can "earn" more than 4000 steps.
3817.jpg

3836.jpg

I do enjoy cooking.
3824.jpg

Similar ingredients, but my meal looks different from his. I always have my lunch with him when I am there - it is the basic social need for talking to someone you like.
3833.jpg

I also take care of his breakfast and then prepare some ready food (fruits, milk, bread, salami, cheese) in the fridge for his dinner.
3966.jpg

3840.jpg

A small Bluetooth speaker that plays classical music for him most of the time, as he didn't remember how to use his CD player anymore.
4205.jpg

Beef stew with a lot of vegetables and some noodles
4043.jpg

4054.jpg

Sorry, it's not always about gardening. Sometimes I feel that I am a plant - every day, my root system stretch to somewhere I didn't reach the day before and get the nutrients from whatever I experience there.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today I am at home, and my daughter (in her gap year) is there taking care of him. We take turns.

The ryes I grow for our chickens - impressive; they are growing on some pieces of kitchen paper. I will give them to the chickens in the coming weekend.
4197.jpg

The second flash of Shiitake, not many of them, are all giant!
4196.jpg

Indoor plants besides my home office table - I guess they like the environment.
4199.jpg

Keep working!
4171.jpg