Phaedra's 2023 Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your asparagus is beautiful! I love the purple asparagus. Does it turn green when cooked?

The quail are so cute. What a happy summer place for them. Do you have a male so the eggs will be fertile? I raised those once, long ago. They were very prolific, laid at 6 weeks old. Also ready to eat at 6 weeks. I broke the eggs into a measuring cup. 1/4 cup equaled 1 chicken egg. I made pickled quail eggs too. I incubated the eggs and raised up the chicks, so tiny! I love the colors of your quail.
Yes partially, but it can hold the purple color pretty well. Besides, they are sweeter, with a more delicate texture than the green ones. Since there are one or two female purple asparagus plants, and I didn't remove them, they will keep offering fresh seeds to grow. I guess, in the end, most of my asparagus will be purple.

I didn't have a male because I was a bit concerned about the space. Quails are such mini poo machines. Although the chicks are sooooo cute, I didn't surrender to that cuteness, YET. :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did quail hens hatch their eggs or it's necessary to use an incubator? Anyway, quails are too cute to become food ingredients for me. :p
They lay and run. They don’t go broody and don’t sit on a nest. You would have to use an incubator.
When you have a few, they are cute and have names. When you hatch a couple of full incubators, suddenly you have 50 and they are dinner. 😀

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Building day, as DH has a four-day holiday, our plan is to build an outdoor potting bench. One of the neighbor's friends brought us some free pallets. It's our first time dissembling pallets for better use. Well, it's again easier than we imagined.
7154.jpg

7155.jpg

7153.jpg

After renovating the chicken run, building a bench becomes a piece of cake. :p
7151.jpg

Then, I took care of the final painting and made it more multi-functional.
7164.jpg

7148.jpg

7159.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
One happy day to use the outdoor table we built yesterday - It's big enough to do lots of work!
7179.jpg

Washed the harvested greens and used the water for the plants in the surrounding
7177.jpg

I have done some adjustments later, and added the solar light.
7210.jpg

In the evening, it became an outdoor kitchen. While our neighbors prefer BBQ, I can do a lot of dishes with a small gas stove. Today, we have deep-fried pork and cheese rolls and freshly picked salad greens.
7205.jpg

7204.jpg

7203.jpg

It's better than any restaurant! We stayed until all solar lights were on, had fresh herb tea, and chatted a lot.
7201.jpg

Latest posts