Phaedra's Garden 2022

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The background is a dark mono-tone now, so the flowers look showier.
5751.jpg

As the new bed needs compost and soil, I cleaned up the potatoes in the carton; not bad.
5750.jpg

The soil directly reports on duty again.
5757.jpg

The harvest day is also charming.
5749.jpg

A good harvest means further succession planting - I sowed more scallions, leafy greens, cabbages, and biannual flowers.
6037.jpg

Perennial margarate..hmm, the combination looks cute. But they will blossom from the second year—anyway, no harm in giving it a try.
6038.jpg

I added salad greens, mint, and tatsoi on the lower deck - as they can enjoy the environment with less light than the strawberries on the upper deck. Meanwhile, they can block the weeds and catch the water from the upper deck residents.

6032_0.jpg

Another volunteer this year, very warm welcome! I will plant to sow some foxgloves soon.
5752.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What a bright spot your garden is, in my day. While I wrestle with drought, oppressive heat, working on new farm, moving outside stuff, waiting on closing, your garden reminds me there is beauty, peacefulness and continuity of the circle of life in a garden. Thank you!
Dear Bay, reading your posts is also inspiring for me - they always remind me how much I can create! 😍 😍 😍

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
2022 Mega Heatwave Day

As DH had his QM online training in Cologne, I took one week, about 10-day leave to take care of "Nothing" here. For the past 10 days, I stayed at home and took care of our garden and chores.

Today I am back on duty and surprised by the plants growing here; wow, they are really thriving.

The flowers on the upper deck are glorious, and the french beans, peas, turmeric, and garlic on the lower deck also grow well.
6006.jpg

Those Amaranth are amazing. I realized why the potatoes buried here didn't grow - the blackbirds kicked them out of the mulch.
5985.jpg

I have never seen such vigorous growth for eggplants after moving to Germany - till now, there are already at least 15 eggplants growing.
5955_0.jpg

Sweet corns, tomatoes, chili, and cucumber are also growing crazily. Bottomless planters are ideal for small gardens/growing areas - the young plants don't need to compete with weeds in the beginning; when they are big enough and need more nutrients, their roots can freely reach the soil. I also saw similar promising signals on melons, watermelons, pumpkins, and bottle gourds.
6002.jpg

6003.jpg

5998.jpg

5973.jpg

5977_0.jpg

BUT, it's burning hot. I quickly finished watering and feeding them with bio tomato fertilizer and retreated to the house.

One funny thing - a cucumber hanging close to the quails' run - obviously, they found it before me. :lol: I am happy to see them enjoy it. After removing the dried part, I gave it back to them again.
5986.jpg