Phaedra's Garden 2022

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Made a new raised bed from pallets. I didn't decide what to plant inside yet, but it's likely to be a rose bed.
5212.jpg

It's always fun to pick pea pods at the right timing. I love peas! They offer such delicious and tender leaves in the spring, pods, and peas later.
5214.jpg

Today's harvest, a lot of them!
5777.jpg

Blueberries are on the way.
5213.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The newly harvested potatoes - colors increase their attractiveness.

5844.jpg

Homegrown potatoes are very safe - and we love pan-fried potato skins! Just a little bit of oil and patience - it's delicious and nutritious.
5540.jpg

5535.jpg

Lavenders are at their peak, and soon I need to prune them hard again.
4988_0.jpg

4987_0.jpg

Broccolis are coming.
5524.jpg

Apples and pears are growing steadily. As the trees are still very young, I kept only 2~3 apples/pears on each tree.
5526.jpg

Raspberries are growing nicely, both summer and autumn varieties - we are likely to have a decent harvest in another week.
5521.jpg

For the chive patch - I buried the dried flower heads on June 24th, and the next generations are greeting me two weeks later; wow, that's quick.
5516.jpg

Usually, we have our first frost in the middle of October, so I will plant several sprouted potatoes later today. More than three months should be enough for another harvest.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I finally got some time to clean up this raspberry patch. They were planted last summer and so far, all on their own - no extra water, no feed, and almost drowned in the weeds. I felt sorry, but as I spent quite a lot of time in Cologne, this area became the "wildlife garden."
5545.jpg

Anyway, I had some progress today and will give them a boost of water and good feed tomorrow. I will also use the chop-and-drop method in this area from now on.
5544.jpg

5543.jpg

Latest posts