Phaedra's Garden 2022

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Too cold to be true...another four or five days are still waiting.
Today was a day for arranging emergency measures.
1152_1.jpg

Half of the plants in the glass conservatory died, so I removed the rest in the unheated room.
1151_1.jpg

Quails are relocated again to another quail house (which was used as the sickbay) in the greenhouse and covered with an additional blanket during the night. Hen houses are also covered with thick anti-frost jackets.

I will cover their runs with tarps and PVC corrugated sheets tomorrow.
1150_1.jpg

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Too cold to be true...another four or five days are still waiting.
Today was a day for arranging emergency measures.
View attachment 53965

Half of the plants in the glass conservatory died, so I removed the rest in the unheated room.
View attachment 53966

Quails are relocated again to another quail house (which was used as the sickbay) in the greenhouse and covered with an additional blanket during the night. Hen houses are also covered with thick anti-frost jackets.

I will cover their runs with tarps and PVC corrugated sheets tomorrow.
View attachment 53967
Looks very cozy :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I guess this will be the last post for the year 2022. After the previous frozen 10 days, some plants survived, and some became green manure.

Survived group members: purple broccoli - the younger, the less damaged.
1247.jpg

The elder, most leaves of the lower part, looked sad. The plants should still be alive, but I am not sure if I should remove those lower leaves.
1250(1).jpg

Sages are tough, almost no damage!
1248_1.jpg

Lavender is also tough! Tougher than I thought!
1251_0.jpg

Primroses are also tough; the plants are doing well.
1252_0.jpg

Those became green manure....
I removed all of them, although some might survive. Those broad beans (black ones) are all dead.
1245.jpg

I will say most of the broad/field beans were dead. Parsley and foxgloves are good survivors.
1249.jpg

The young plants I propagated and removed under the hoop tunnel (and added one more roof) all survived. Well, I will stop growing anything now and focus on cleaning. After all, there is a reason why there are four seasons. Winter is a good time to take a rest, think, plan, and re-arrange the resources.

My next sowing will start on Feb 14, 2023.