Phaedra's Garden 2022

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Microgreens under sunlight, so colorful
This is what I thought earlier; why do we sow only one variety in one tray? Why not mix the seeds that need similar conditions and periods together?]

When they germinate and grow together, the tray becomes a painting.
1545.jpg

The color of Amaranth seedlings is too dreamlike.
1544.jpg

Seedlings that were pricked two days ago.
1540.jpg

For the cut-flower patch, five varieties of sweet peas and pink cornflowers.
1542.jpg

More vegetables
1538.jpg

The colorful stems of swiss chards 😍
1539.jpg

More brord beans :lol:
1543.jpg

Another lovely thing today, three young Sussex hens joined our flocks. 🥰 🥰 🥰 They are: Vanilla, Latte, and Macchiato (they can also share one name, "Vanilla Latte Macchiato" :ya )
10664.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A day staying at home - I didn't enjoy a real "my" day for a while. Of course, it has to start with good coffee.
1662_0.jpg

I tried to combine the LED strip with the Amazon Basic shelf, looks not bad.
1665_0.jpg

Brunch for the chicken
11187.jpg

11183.jpg

Then I kept cleaning the greenhouse, checking how the cuttings did. Among them, lavender, willow, butterfly bush, Elder, and honeysuckle are amazing; almost all survived!
11240.jpg

I love those shelves; they are easy to move and robust enough for seedlings. When the sunlight is on the left side, the shelf stays on the left side.
1704.jpg

It stays on the right side after 1 pm, and the seedlings enjoy another three hours of brightness and warmth. In the evening, they have extra led light.
1702.jpg

I am going to have a rose tea, a bath, and prepare for another good sleep.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Meyer Lemons - I used one and added the zest into today's cheesecake.
11418.jpg

Last autumn, I cleaned two raised beds with the strawberry colonies and dug out many of them. Three were large and put out lateral crowns; others were the young plants that grew from the runners. I left them in a box in the greenhouse. Recently I noticed some new buds are developing, so I decided to clean and pot them on.
11432.jpg

11435.jpg

Some of them are really tiny, but the root systems look amazingly strong.
11442.jpg

11443.jpg

11444.jpg

This is my first time propagating strawberries with divided lateral crowns. Well, nothing to lose. Besides the strawberries, I also sowed another three trays of broad beans and pricked some leafy greens.
11429(1).jpg

11431.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Those are some Serious pruners you have there! What is it you use in the small spray bottle that I cannot make out?
I know that you don't use WD40 for lubrication, since it really dries out the metal, thus loosening up debris.
Loving your photos!! :love

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those are some Serious pruners you have there! What is it you use in the small spray bottle that I cannot make out?
I know that you don't use WD40 for lubrication, since it really dries out the metal, thus loosening up debris.
Loving your photos!! :love
It's a cleaning spray for pruners and secateurs :D

WD40 is quite seldom used, but I didn't know they dry out the metal; thanks a lot for your information! 🥰
11627.jpg

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's a cleaning spray for pruners and secateurs :D

WD40 is quite seldom used, but I didn't know they dry out the metal; thanks a lot for your information! 🥰
View attachment 47392

That is so funny! I have some of that on it's way right now; should be delivered Thursday! 😄 I ordered a couple of new pruners and a sharpening thing too.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Btw, I always have a jar of white lithium grease. When we trailered the horses we used to liberally coat the ball hitch, mostly by plopping it upside down and thoroughly coating it. The attachment moves around a LOT and failure could be disasterous! 😱 😱 😱
I also have bought spray bottles of white lithium grease, with a straw attachment, and I have used it in many places, including on the edges of my very old storm windows, AND a couple of places on my tractor.
AND..of course, penetrating oil, which can help loosen up rusted bolts and nuts.
I have a project that needs doing and I will report on my "adventure" when it's over.