Photos of my garden today

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The flowers by the mailbox are tumbling into the street!!
April122009MailboxFlowers.jpg

Oh I wish you could experience the wonderful scent of Honeysuckle in my backyard!! It is hard to stay in the house these days!!
April152009Honeysuckleemail.jpg

I decided to change the rock and succulent garden by the back door....
BackdoorCactusGarnenJuly82008email.jpg

To a flower garden. I planted Cosmos, Bachelor Buttons, Vaigated Alyssum, and some other little flowers I can't remember their names right now. It doesn't look like much at the moment.
April152009Bedbybackdooremail.jpg

I will post more photos as the flowers begin to grow.

I love this time of year!! It is cool and windy here today, about 74 out there at the momemt.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You just wait until those cosmos take off!

Last year I planted mine in March and they were insanely large and tree-like by July!!!!

Love the mailbox by the way.... Just think about how many will be overflowing in another month or 2.

your photos always make me so jealous. :th

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
vfem said:
You just wait until those cosmos take off!

Last year I planted mine in March and they were insanely large and tree-like by July!!!!

Love the mailbox by the way.... Just think about how many will be overflowing in another month or 2.

your photos always make me so jealous. :th
Well, in a couple of months, I doubt any of those cool weather flowers will be alive. I will have some sunflowers and morning glories by the mailbox this summer, they are already sprouting!!

Yes, the cosmos here get big, if the soil is rich enough and they get some water on a regular basis.

I love to put the cosmos and sunflowers in a cobalt blue vase. They look so pretty!!
CosmosandSunFlowersinBlueBaseemail.jpg

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:thumbsup Wonderful photos rebbetzin , as vfem said your mailbox are is Great :clap We planted some cosmos last year by my little rustic front yard fence and they also were about 5 ft high, they were in a wild garden mix. I am hoping they come back this year, I am also starting some from the saved seeds.
You have such a nice garden eye rebbetzin , :thumbsup well done :throw

:happy_flower Karan :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We're planning on several types of sunflowers in a sunflower garden for my daughter. We're going to grow them up against her play house. I can't wait to see all the yellow and reds in the mix we got up against her blue house! :p

I'm hoping they hold up well with the house to lean on too, I don't want to have to trellis them or tie them to stakes.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
;) Love the flowers you planted, especially the Honeysuckle that must have a wonderful fragrance.

Latest posts