Phrase Tobacco Road

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perhaps, after a warning note, she facilitates the removal of those things she doesn't like in neighboring yards like yours. The slightly daffy, nosey ole lady pretense is just a facade hiding her criminal activities. @Carol Dee may be right! She may need careful watching.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You can bet if I got that note that my front yard and maybe the front of my house would be covered with cardboard!!!!
If I covered my house it would be all graffitied up.

THANX RICH

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Poking holes in everyone else's garbage cans was favored by the resident looney where I grew up. My current neighborhood is on the cusp of trashy and okay so nobody bothers me about anything out of place for a few days.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everyone on my street gets her notes, we all laugh about them. I thought I made friends with her in the fall, when she ask to pick figs from my tree.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, why don't you approach her about the note? Play dumb and tell her you don't understand it's meaning. See what she says.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's one in every neighborhood. In the very ritzy neighborhood where one of my weekly jobs is there are very few fences between neighbors, just lots of lawn expanse and trees. My clients put an in-ground fence in to contain their dogs, so until the dogs are trained to respect the invisible boundary the trainer placed small blue flags as a visual along the buried wire route.
Well you would have thought he had hung old undies out there by the way the next door neighbors reacted. I witnessed the conflict as I was walking the beds with my client last week. The neighbor wants those blue flags out!! Even though they aren't on their property it's very disruptive to the scenery don't you know!! :rolleyes:

Eegads. Some people just cannot stop and list the things they are grateful for in this life, they have to go out of their way to look for trouble.

My client responded to the crazy lady very quietly and calmly. I was proud of her. Because if that was my neighbor I think I would have driven to Home Depot right then and picked out a forest of flags in every available color and really made that border look like a fiesta in progress.

Latest posts