Picking Beans In The Mud

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After 4" of rain two nights ago, there wasn't much choice but to go play in the mud. I had to peel my shoes off a week ago to do some garden work because I was sinking a lot deeper than I was today.

A.jpg
B.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
They look like dry bean plants though. I've heard that picking beans with wet leaves is a good way to get/spread mosaic disease on the plants.

Two words: raised beds! My feet remain mud free while I weed, plant, or harvest.

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They look like dry bean plants though. I've heard that picking beans with wet leaves is a good way to get/spread mosaic disease on the plants.

Two words: raised beds! My feet remain mud free while I weed, plant, or harvest.
The beans were dry. It was sunny and breezy all day and I was picking in the afternoon.

This is the first time I've ever had to pick beans in the mud. I don't expect it to happen again. I'll stick with Troybilt and flat ground.

And my new toy - http://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/new-garden-tool.17398/)

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, @freedhardwoods, I love the oozy feel of mud through my toes. Reminds me of my time in the barnyard as a child.

Dolly Madison once stepped on my bare toes three days before giving birth to twin calves. Because of all the mud/manure, it didn't hurt all that much and Dolly remained my fave cow until I got my own angus baby, Silhouette.

Latest posts