Pics of my hummers

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The hummingbirds were later returning this year but are back in full force. I took these pics through the living room feeder. I also feteured them in my blog today.

http://mountaingardengleanings.blogspot.com/2011/05/hummingbirds-are-back.html

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love it when they sit on the feeders! It seems so out of character for them! Nice pics!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW, what a fabulous close up!!! I get so envious, they jus stop for a sip and keep on trucking. Just can't seem to get them to stay long. I even freshen the necter daily. Plant flowers they like. I wonder if the dog could be a problem? But then It has always been that way. :hit

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those are great pics! The hummers are after my roses, but they are attracting the cats, so I am worrying about the little guys.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great pics! Nice to see them rest for a bit, huh. ;)

I've got to get my feeders out too. My MIL brought me 6 sets of the tubes/rubberstoppers to make your own. I found some really pretty wine bottles at the recycle center in a few different colors to use. I have one hanger assembly already, made of heavy gauge coiled copper wire. I'm going to make some more. It's very easy to bend and shape it. You can add pretty beads to them too if you like. :rainbow-sun

Did you all see the article where they recently discovered the mechanism by which hummingbirds draw nectar? They don't sip it, as they once believed, but rather they have little barbs on their tongues that curl out to catch the fluid. I'll see if I can find that...it was neat.

Latest posts