Pics of our pond and garden space

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The first pic shows some of our pond. I remember someone asking about ponds decorations, structures....sorry, ours is au natural. :) The second pic is of the area that will become my garden space, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

easy2.jpg

easy1.jpg

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Chicken_Boy said:
not to mention that you have very green grass!
especially in the second pic!
Chicken boy, yes those are cows in the first pic. We lease the pasture to a neighboring farmer. We won't have time to raise any cattle ourselves until my SO retires in 2 years. Then we plan to raise heifers.
As for the green grass, that's what the cows did. ;)

Thanks for the compliments.

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sgtsheart said:
Chicken_Boy said:
Chicken boy, yes those are cows in the first pic. We lease the pasture to a neighboring farmer. We won't have time to raise any cattle ourselves until my SO retires in 2 years. Then we plan to raise heifers.

What are heifers??????

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Chicken_Boy said:
sgtsheart said:
Chicken_Boy said:

What are heifers??????
Young female cows. There's several different versions on raising cows. You can keep cows and a few bulls and then sell off the babies once they are born...that's what the farmer that leases our pastures does and I hate it! For three days immediately after they take the calves from the mamas the mamas bawl non-stop, and I do mean non-stop. You can't hear yourself think around here when that is going on. Or, you can raise heifers only. Get calves at the auctions just weaned and then you get the fun of playing with em while you raise them to market size. Then you sell them off after their first breeding, but before they've given birth. Quieter that way, but you have some trouble with the bulls fighting when the heifers go into season. Actually the ones here don't fight enough to hurt each other and it's funny watching the young bulls trying to show who's the big guy on campus.

Latest posts