Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm game.

I rather like this hemerocallis fulva I took last summer.
wilddaylily3dark.jpg

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And a daylily from last year. This year's drought really did a number on my gardens so I've got no good photos this year.

reddaylily.jpg

There's a tiny little bee inside.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Water hyacinths we saw when my family took a trip to the Creation museum in KY in July. I wish I had a pond to put some in (although I hear they are invasive...still, so pretty!)

6486_imgp8413b_web.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Water hyacinths we saw when my family took a trip to the Creation museum in KY in July. I wish I had a pond to put some in (although I hear they are invasive...still, so pretty!)

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6486_imgp8413b_web.jpg
They are stunning. Too big for our water feature. Although we do have some smaller water lillies in there, when the over produce we give some away.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
journey,
Is that a lotus I see in that picture?, they sure are amazing flowers. Unlike waterlilies their leaves don't float on the water. I think you could propagate them from seed but it does take a few years for the seed to develop into the plant.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful photo. Not all water plants are invasive. If you plant annuals for your locale you would not have a problem. You can then bring them inside for the winter and use again the next year.People use aquariums for this purpose.The plants are very pricey from what I have seen.
journey11 said:

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6486_imgp8413b_web.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is a photo of an entire kind or type of regular Phaseolus vulgaris Bean that most folks do not even know about except those who live in the old hills of Appalachia, and some in the Ozarks/

9018_100_4196.jpg

There are a lot of varieties of Greasy beans. For a breakfast of beans and bacon they are picked maybe a day before this stage, when the pods are full just at the first sign of yellowing. This variety a person can string at this stage. Greasy beans are usually much shorter than your average pole Kentucky Wonder. Actually a bit shorter than Tendergreen bush, and are about as fat as a finger.

A breakfast of meaty greasy beans and bacon will

"Get ya going for the day".

If you're in a hurry, make a toast sandwich out of this breakfast. Plop in your egg on buttered toast, grab a handful of these off your plate, and may as well grab a towel. Gonna need it!