Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I finally saw seedtrader-teg's loosestrife on Thursday, and today I saw Cats pic immediately. Seeing the featured POW as soon as I load it hasn't happened on my computer for months! :idunno

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I finally saw seedtrader-teg's loosestrife on Thursday, and today I saw Cats pic immediately. Seeing the featured POW as soon as I load it hasn't happened on my computer for months! :idunno
Well at least it is not me! (or my cranky old PC.)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red said:
[That's gonna be a POW one of these days! Such beautiful flowers. Such a beautiful sky. Such a beautiful garden. Such a beautiful setting. Ya done good, Cat!]
Cat said: [Wow! Thanks!]

I just want you to know I have no undue influence with the magical, mystical POW selector. Good is good! Just saying. . .

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:) I saw the pic and thought, that looks familiar. :oops: Thanks, @thistlebloom !

I'm still picking! Five gallon bags in the freezer and gave some to the kids, will sure miss that morning snack off the bushes real soon though.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
How many bushes do you have @Lavender2 ?
I have two of the new dwarf ones in barrels on the patio that produced a lot this year. (Not gallons tho'...)
I thought they did pretty good since I just planted them last summer as an experiment.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How many bushes do you have @Lavender2 ?
I have two of the new dwarf ones in barrels on the patio that produced a lot this year. (Not gallons tho'...)
I thought they did pretty good since I just planted them last summer as an experiment.

Great that you got a harvest the year after planting!

I have 9 highbush and 1 lowbush, ( 5 varieties). I'm still not too sure about the pruning, hope I don't goof things up next year. It sounds so easy, then I look at the bush.:confused:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great that you got a harvest the year after planting!

I have 9 highbush and 1 lowbush, ( 5 varieties). I'm still not too sure about the pruning, hope I don't goof things up next year. It sounds so easy, then I look at the bush.:confused:

Here's a good tutorial on pruning them that I use on mine. To be honest, I think you almost can't take off enough. Mine could have been pruned more and although I got lots of berries, they would have made bigger berries had I been a little more ruthless. ;)