Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Freezing fog again today, frost forming all day. An incredibly beautiful sight, DW & I spent an hour driving around looking at it. Some of the trees look fully leafed out - in white.
20210106_144318.jpg
20210106_144403.jpg
20210106_151558.jpg
20210106_151738.jpg

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee , this weather must cover hundreds of miles! We've had freezing fog before, but never in my memory for 3 days in a row. DW & I were helping one of our granddaughters look for a car today, and drove North 15 miles to look at one, then about 80-90 miles South to look at another one. Trees were densely covered the entire way, until just north of Milwaukee. The density of the frost varied & some trees & bushes seem to be better "frost magnets". In some places the trees were white as far as the eye could see; it was hard to tell where the trees ended, and the clouds began. Incredibly beautiful, I've taken a lot of photos in the last two days.

In my area, I've noticed that there is a "good side" where most of the frost formed, and a "bad side" that is sometimes almost bare. In my tree line, the neighbors behind me got the "good side". No sad face from me though, I'm just in awe of this beauty & feel blessed to be surrounded by it.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not everyone gets snow in January. Some of us get honey bees on our fava beans.
Sunny coastal California, untouched by snow... you just had to rub it in. ;):lol:

When I worked at Moffett Field in the 80's, there were farmers using some of the fertile, unused land on the base. In Winter, I marveled at the fields of tall flowering favas that they sometimes grew. I had never seen fava plants prior to that, with those unique blossoms (even visible from the road) and later, the huge pods. Beautiful plants, wish I could grow them here; but our summers are (usually) too hot for them.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunny coastal California, untouched by snow... you just had to rub it in. ;):lol:

When I worked at Moffett Field in the 80's, there were farmers using some of the fertile, unused land on the base. In Winter, I marveled at the fields of tall flowering favas that they sometimes grew. I had never seen fava plants prior to that, with those unique blossoms (even visible from the road) and later, the huge pods. Beautiful plants, wish I could grow them here; but our summers are (usually) too hot for them.
I was freezing my little tush last week at 57*. Thank goodness this weekend will be 68*

Mary

Latest posts