pictures of my Spring flowers..

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,
Here are some pictures of my Spring flowers the tulips are almost about to bloom, hopefully the squirrels will back off from destroying them (i had to put up a small fence to hopefully stop them). The Hyacinths are in bloom with a few more that will bloom soon.
I will post more pictures of my tulips and other flowers in bloom, in a few days.

5881_picture_157.jpg

5881_picture_358.jpg

5881_picture_359.jpg

5881_picture_360.jpg

5881_picture_362.jpg

5881_picture_370.jpg

5881_picture_371.jpg

5881_picture_382.jpg

5881_picture_383.jpg

5881_picture_386.jpg

5881_picture_404.jpg

5881_picture_116.jpg

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will be adding rocks where the tulips are maybe it will look better than plain dirt.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:cool: Some of those tulips look like they will EXPLODE!

That 1 daff looks like it is just now exploding!

Hyacinths suggest a much more pleasant aftermath than the fragrance of gunpowder! So that I won't end on that unpleasant notion, I'll just repeat that word . . . . . . . hyacinths ;).

digitS'

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Awesome!!! How gorgeous all those tulips will be. :cool:

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes the tulips do look like they'll explode, those are some Red Dynasty tulips, the great thing about them is that they usually grow tall like that and the squirrels cant reach them...:lol:
Its amazing how quickly they'll go from flower bud to blossom especially on a very warm sunny day like we had here in the 70's.
I will be dividing those in the fall, if anyone's interested i'll trade some off.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi! :happy_flower
It's amazing how exciting it is when they are about to flower & how much it cheers you up! I'm determined to plant a whole lot more bulbs this fall just to have that feeling next year. I have the most beautiful very dark purple tulips out at the moment. I planted them over the grave of my wonderful Andalusian cockerel along with a fig tree.
You are going to have a wonderful display when they are all out. What will you have there afterwards? Do you take your bulbs out or leave them to naturalise (I leave mine in)?
Happy gardening.
:rose Hattie :rose

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
Hi! :happy_flower
It's amazing how exciting it is when they are about to flower & how much it cheers you up! I'm determined to plant a whole lot more bulbs this fall just to have that feeling next year. I have the most beautiful very dark purple tulips out at the moment. I planted them over the grave of my wonderful Andalusian cockerel along with a fig tree.
You are going to have a wonderful display when they are all out. What will you have there afterwards? Do you take your bulbs out or leave them to naturalise (I leave mine in)?
Happy gardening.
:rose Hattie :rose
I have a few purple tulips as well their called Passionale Tulips. Yeah cant wait until they bloom some are already starting to bloom already. No, i leave the bulbs where they are i will plant more flowers once their foliage dies down. I might plant some summer bulbs where the tulips are, but i dont think i could do that, when i'll dig a hole for the summer bulbs i might cut the tulip's bulbs in pieces.

Latest posts