Piglets helping clean up garden waste. (video)Added set up pics, BJ

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
See, now that is why I need pigs!! Nothing goes to waste... Chickens are pretty good disposals, but not as good as pigs! When will you butcher them?

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
hahaha They are happy piggies! I don't remember if I got it on video or not, but there were big puddles of tomato juice and they were sticking their snouts in and just sucking it up. It was so funny!

lesa, I believe we have about 10 weeks left to go. We are doing it a bit different this year. We bought a pallet of grain and when that is gone, they are gone. Of course they get all kinds of good veggie and garden scraps too which is a nice supplement.

mrcman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Brought back memories of when we had pigs. That was 30 years ago, though. Nice looking pigs.

Tony

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
that looks amazing. they are indeed happy little piggies. do you have to worry about them getting an upset stomach from eating something like that? so much so quick?
will y'all process them or take them to be processed. would love to see more of your environment for them. I would love to have pigs - but I understand they are so destructive of their environment.
I also understand they are generally pretty healthy and easy to take care of. on the other, other hand, I understand they can be pretty dangerous.
they're beautiful

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD6 and I are reading Charlotte's Web right now. This was very illustrative for her of the word "slop". She really got a kick out of the little fellas. :)

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like some happy little pigs you have there. I like the one and done method you are using to feed them out,takes the guess work out of when to butcher.

Latest posts