Planning new tea garden...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am very excited about planning and putting in my new tea garden!! I already grow a few things, mint, hysopps, chocolate mint, lavender, fever few, etc.
I have ordered lemon balm, chamomile, bergamont and dotted mint... Is there something else I should have??? What am I forgetting?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sounds good lesa !!

How about an actually green tea plant ? It probably won't be hardy but you could plant it in a pot, I'm thinking of getting one in the spring.

Here are some other herbs that are good for tea, should keep you busy:

-Angelica
-Anise
-Burnet
-Hyssop
-Mugwort
-Pennyroyal

Hope this helps! ;)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What!!! You can get a green tea plant??? Where? I'll look up your other suggestions, Thanks!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa..I still remember my grandmother's lemon grass tea. It was delicious and so fragrant. I've tried growing it here but I think our summers are to cool and foggy. It might do well in your area, I don't know.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lemon verbena. . . and I hope the hyssop is anise hyssop :)!

If you think you want lemon grass, Lesa, go to an Asian market and pick up a couple. Put them in a sunny window in water, change it often, and allow them to grow roots.

Start now and they can go in a pot of good soil. By the end of summer they will have multiplied! They can be trimmed, cleaned and frozen.

Steve

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa....I grow Horehound and Lemon Verbena....they are great for tea as well....The Lemon Verbena flowers are very sweet and can be candied and used on pastries too:D....

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you get the green tea plant, ya gotta get some jasmine to make jasmine tea. The aroma is heavenly and the flavor is mild and restorative.

Llama Gardener

Leafing Out
Reaction score
So what, do you dry the herbs to make the tea? Or how do you make the tea?:idunno