Plans For Holiday Weekend ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monday is one of the very few days I am closed. I plan to spend most of the day in garden. At some point in weekend going to have a BQ. Anyone going away for weekend ? What are your plans for this weekend?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
What? It's a holiday?

Nothing other than normal for me. I'll be working in the garden, rains allowing and working in the house the rest of the time. We will take some time yet this week to put flowers on family in three different cemeteries. Alas, another tradition that is fast disappearing. I doubt there will be others after me to keep the graves presentable and decorated in my family. Spouse has sisters that would do it for his side. After that? Who knows?

Okay, if pressed the least little bit, I'm ready and able to get that BBQ going for the family. No one has said anything yet so my plans are extremely flexible.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Memorial Weekend around here means the "100 mile yard sale" so the traffic will be horrible on the routes of the sale. Residents have to pre-route their errands so they don't get caught up in bargain hunting traffic jams. Sometimes I/we go see if we can find anything we didn't know we needed. Sometimes we avoid it.
The cemeteries around here do beautiful flag paths and have ceremonies. Very touching, but I generally don't attend. I wish I were more civic-minded, but not liking to be in and around crowds, I stay home, mostly.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The only plans I have is to plant some more peonies this summer. My wife's father's family has a tradition of putting cut peonies on certain graves but the people doing that are getting pretty old. There are just not many kids to carry on that tradition on that side of the family. I don't know if they actually will or not but my wife and her brother currently plan to continue that tradition when others can't. I'll get some more peonies growing so they at least have that option.

Mom normally puts flowers on graves in a couple of different graveyards but I'm too far away to participate. I just stay home and treat it like a normal day but like Red I may be firing up the grill. It just depends on what "She Who Must Be Obeyed" tells me what to do.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm working. Nothing very physical, mostly a consultation and a trip to a few nurseries to pick out what gets agreed on. Then no doubt we'll throw something on the old Weber that evening.

We grilled last night, it was supposed to happen Sunday, then Monday, and yesterday it was either grill that stuff or feed it to the dogs. :D

Grilling is so easy we do it at least once a week, but nothing fancy.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister is coming Friday evening so we are going to hers and our favorite Chinese restuarant. Saturday morning I'm taking her for tea and scones with devonshire cream that are just heavenly. Then I'll play tourist for the rest of the day. Grandkids have to spend the night Saturday because their dad will be helping my husband with the cabin grounds clean up and my daughter has to work. So, I'll take them out to their favorite breakfast place Sunday morning.

I'm hoping Monday I will have time to have a pedicure and rest! lol

Mary

Latest posts