Plant Lore--"Halloween" ...no matter how creepy!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Quite ironic, beings how I'm Pagan. :lol:

This thread is so out of context that its quite hilarious!
Humor is quite the direction I had hoped to take! LOL Share some of your tales Blackbird!

Ron :weee

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Happy Halloween Everyone!

Sorry I sort of got pooped out in the entertainment dept. I thought I could keep this post going, but I also thought there would be many more contributions to the odd, the weird, and the spooky.

Hydnora africana, an unusual flesh-colored, parasitic flower that attacks the nearby roots of shrubby in arid deserts of South Africa. The putrid-smelling blossom attracts herds of carrion beetles.

2001348574948645778_rs.jpg

Rafflesia arnoldii: this parasitic plant develops the world's largest bloom that can grow over three feet across. The flower is a fleshy color, with spots that make it look like a teenager's acne-ridden skin. It smells bad and has a hole in the center that holds six or seven quarts of water. The plant has no leaves, stems, or roots.

RafflesiaArnFlw1.jpg

Dracunculus vulgaris: smells like rotting flesh, and has a burgundy-colored, leaf-like flower that projects a slender, black appendage.

2000186714960914519_rs.jpg

OK, please come in and share your costumes, share the booty you got while out scaring your neighbors!

Come out, come out, where ever you are! Ghosts, goblins, and ghouls!

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Happy Halloween Everyone!

Sorry I sort of got pooped out in the entertainment dept. I thought I could keep this post going, but I also thought there would be many more contributions to the odd, the weird, and the spooky.

Hydnora africana, an unusual flesh-colored, parasitic flower that attacks the nearby roots of shrubby in arid deserts of South Africa. The putrid-smelling blossom attracts herds of carrion beetles.

http://media.divinecaroline.com/ext/article_images/plants/2001348574948645778_rs.jpg

Rafflesia arnoldii: this parasitic plant develops the world's largest bloom that can grow over three feet across. The flower is a fleshy color, with spots that make it look like a teenager's acne-ridden skin. It smells bad and has a hole in the center that holds six or seven quarts of water. The plant has no leaves, stems, or roots.

http://www.parasiticplants.siu.edu/Rafflesiaceae/images/RafflesiaArnFlw1.jpg

Dracunculus vulgaris: smells like rotting flesh, and has a burgundy-colored, leaf-like flower that projects a slender, black appendage.

http://media.divinecaroline.com/ext/article_images/plants/2000186714960914519_rs.jpg

OK, please come in and share your costumes, share the booty you got while out scaring your neighbors!

Come out, come out, where ever you are! Ghosts, goblins, and ghouls!

Ron
Ron, all of those are so very :th :sick