Plant Lore--"Halloween" ...no matter how creepy!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rosalind said:
In the UK, elder trees are supposed to be the special trees related to witches--various sources claim that witches are reincarnated as elder trees, send their spirits to hang out in elder trees, are the guardians of elder trees, etc......
2335728858_efa3c6a00d.jpg

83%20elder%20mothers+.JPG

96195519_6a49c91c77.jpg

Creepy+Trees.jpg

humantree.jpg

2887001017_8972b57d9e.jpg

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_242734.jpg

444770347_579d7cd8bd.jpg

HumanTree.png

I like the idea of a Spirit in a Tree!

Since I was a child I suspected such things and grew to appreciate trees as an entity. There is a Slippery Elm Tree near my home that I visit on walks and I call her Sister Tree!

Thank you Rosalind! :bouquet

Ron

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
deenamr said:
This isn't a halloween game but it is certainly a fall game. I got 36 on my first try. I just want to thank you all because I have really found this thread, the information and the photos very enjoyable.

http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g2/applegame.htm
OMG! ...What a Horribly Lovely Game! ... I was nearly lost in it! :gig

Thank you deenamr for the nice words about this thread! It is sort of like the Season of Autumn, in the Wind sort of thing!

Ron :p

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That game reminds me of the good old Atari Space invaders type games. I will not say how well I didn't do ! lol

Dee is right, thanks for this thread! it is very cool.
You sure have went out of your way to put some very interesting content into it Ron. Also nice to see others joining in and posting neat and interesting material.

The Bat Flower is sweet! I would like one of every weird plant posted.
I know I would have to put them in a cage! No not because of the wild looking plant. Just to keep stupid people from ripping it apart because it is nice! Again I weep!

Joe

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh Thanks,

You know there is a whole host of plant types we could talk about in here.

What amazes me is the ability of the Plant Kingdom to provide us with such pleasures that we perceive Sensuality and Beauty from it; but, equally so, the Plant Kingdom provides us with the hideous and the grotesque! It is all very appealing to the senses at times!

Does anyone keep 'Carnivorous Plants' ?

Before I go on a rampage and do a post on them, why not see if there are any out there that anyone would like to share. The Pitcher Plant is one that I have always admired!

Ron :hide

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
those are cool trees, especially the ones that look like women. speaking of women, i have a thistle in each pocket today.

i grow some carnivorous plants from time to time but mostly i just let nature do her thing. they grow all over the farm. pitcher plants and sundews mostly. i think it would be illegal to disturb them

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
those are cool trees, especially the ones that look like women. speaking of women, i have a thistle in each pocket today.
Did you say some in each pocket? Oh boy that's not good!
Oh boy! At least tell us that you did not put any in your back pocket! :lol: :gig

Joe

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not because Beefy put thistle in his back pocket, I just wanted to share these :gig

Cobra Lily The Carnivorous Cobra Lily

Wild_pings_cobras10.jpg

390Darlingtonia_californica12.JPG

28998.jpg

Here is its flower
2004-3-31_Cobra_003.jpg

Sweet Trumpet
377white.jpg

Cobra Lily The Calla family

Japanese Cobra Lily
japanese-cobra-lily-0661-600w-scill.jpg

arisaema_ringens_lrg.jpg

Whipcord Cobra Lily
ArisaemaTortuosam.jpg

Double Whip Cobra
aris-speci2.jpg

arisaema-griffithii.jpg

The Greater Cobra Lily Chasmanthe floribunda

chasmanthe-floribunda-tr-14845-p.gif

390Chasmanthe_floribunda_var._duckittii.JPG

399238316_e0cc6a8268.jpg

the name seems to be quite Popular LOL :idunno I think they all have my attention, but the true Cobra would be the Carnivorous one!

or, could the real Dragon Lily be.......

Lily Munster aka Yvonne DeCarlo
yvonnedecarlo.jpg

Herman-and-Lily-Munster_005.jpg