Planted 1st Seeds of season

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night I was shopping (big surprise there) at Christmas store, they had out their seeds and 50% off. late winter when I have spring fever I always buy lots of seeds, then for get where I put them ( still looking for seeds purchased in 2013) This morning I planted a pack,my first of the season. Johnny jump ups, I love them and always buy started plants in spring. What are the first seeds you will be planting for this season?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a good choice. Of the ornamental annuals, the violet family seem to appreciate the earliest start. Then what, petunias?

Some of the perennials? Those with the tiny seed ... where does monarda and sisters fit in here?

Onion seed will go in the starter mix in just about a week but it will get zero pampering. Oh, I'll cover the flat if it looks like the soil will freeze if I don't.

Next for me will be snapdragons in about 1 month.

Steve

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have spring fever began in the fall. I bought the seeds and put in a box.
I buy, buy .... Now I opened the box. Why does nobody beat me by the hands? :idunno I did not sow so much !!! I have planted peppers, eggplant in the queue, lobelia, viola, then tomatoes, then ... (I'm afraid to even look in the box) :hide

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I hope to throw the survivor onion sets into a windowbox and by a basement window this weekend. My gardenia tree died, so It's gonna be burned and I'm going to plant the Spring daffodils that I didn't get to in it and put it back by the south window. Gotta plant one seed/bulb/step at a time. :rolleyes:

Latest posts