Planted a new plum tree!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The previous owners were not into edible landscaping. Twenty acres and there is... _one_ unidentifiable pear tree.

So! We cut down all the decorative but useless trees and bushes along the driveway and put in the first trellis for blackberries last year.

This year we're adding a couple of fruit trees. I couldn't resist a red plum tree at the nursery last week and finally got it in the ground today.

It is barricaded by a ladder, a wheelbarrow and a bunch of old shredded deer netting at the moment. The *last* thing I want to find in the morning is a leafless twig where my new tree used to be!

-Wendy

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My dog chewed the top 2 feet off of our newly planted Morris plum tree a few weeks ago. The only reason he's not in a hole somewhere is that it has sprouted new leaves along the bottom 2 feet (but still above the graft.) It's amazing how vigorous it is.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is my second year with my plum tree... secretly hoping for a couple plums this year! We'll see.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sounds good wsmoak! ;)

What kind of plum did you plant? I really want to plant some golden yellow plums, their really good and sweet as can be. In Europe they have a lot of those golden plums.

Latest posts