Planting Android App?

Smuvers Farm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've been test driving many gardening apps, and none seem to be up to, what I would think, is a basic necessity.

I am looking for an app where you can put in your grow zone, put in what veggies/fruit/herbs/etc that I WANT to grow, and it gives me when to sow indoors, when to direct sow, little reminder alarms, when to transplant, etc. The ones I'm finding have been giving me general guidelines on ALL the produce that can be planted. I am finding this tedious, as I am only planting a few raised beds as a test run.

I don't have problems with paying for an APP, if it's one that has these options. Thanks to anyone who has any ideas. :D

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry.. best 'app' I've used yet is several sheets of notebook paper, an aerial view of the yard & notes on the calendar. :rolleyes:
(which still didn't help last summer when I never got around to planting ANYTHING! :hit)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Recently found one called Seed to Spoon that seems to have lots of good info.
It won't put your garden together for you (so thankfully, still need the notebooks, lists, pens, lists, colored pencils, lists)
But will let you sort their list by your favorites, or cool season, or warm season, can be planted now, or what body system you're wanting to support, etc.
When you click on each plant on the list, it tells you when and how to plant - when to harvest - suggested ways to prepare - suggested companion plants - common pests - what body systems this plant supports.
https://www.seedtospoon.net/

calebgilk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Finding the right gardening app can be a challenge, especially when you have specific needs and preferences. While there are many options available, it can be frustrating to sift through them all to find one that meets your needs. If you're looking for an app that allows you to input your grow zone and specific plants you want to grow, with reminders for sowing, transplanting, and more, you may want to consider exploring options from companies like https://smartengines.com/. These advanced technologies can help streamline the gardening process and make it easier to manage your plants and track their progress.

Last edited:

Latest posts