"PLANTS COMING TO THE RESCUE OF OTHER PLANTS"-- get spraying!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hi there :frow

I don't use chemicals in my garden so I am always on the look-out for more plant/natural recipes. This site has become one of my favourites for many of the things it has tucked away on it. But this page is so useful & interesting I had to pass it on to you.

http://www.frenchgardening.com/tech.html?pid=3164873867231346

When you have an hour or two :D poke around on the other pages....!!

I hope you enjoy it as much as me! :bouquet

:rose Hattie :rose

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've bookmarked that page, Hattie - thank you!

It seems to make so much sense to me but I'm not sure about the fermentation thing. I once made nettle tea, it had a retched smell. I have a difficult time spraying stuff that is "unappetizing" on my food plants. That's a primary reason for me to be an organic gardener, anyway.

Some folks, as I understand it, run fresh plants thru a food processor or blender and then spray the juice on other plants. One can imagine the confusion this might cause the insects if they rely on smell to find food. I mean, broccoli plants that smell like artemisia would be confusing.

As far as that statement that bees are not threatened by the use of pyrethrum. That's a bit confusing. Maybe, if the author's mixture is NOT an effective insecticide it won't kill bees. I know for a fact that Cornell is right about this because I use it often: "Pyrethrum is highly toxic to bees."

Steve

Of course, my note here begs the question of whether I find artemisia and pyrethrum, "appetizing." I'm just hoping that fermenting isn't a necessary requirement. (I do enjoy the looks of painted daisies and will carry a sprig of artemisia around in my pocket or stuck in my hat because I enjoy the fragrance ;).)

Latest posts