Please bail me out.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you going with the T5 lights?
The ones you recommended. I have to order my jasmine tea, a book I gave away, and some other stuff. I need to sit down for an hour to order so I just haven't been in the right mood. haha

I'm also very frugal and went back and worth on wheter I really wanted or needed them. I guess the answer is no but I earned some extra money during spring break so I guess I'll get them to try seed starting. My husband keeps telling me to just get them and they I don't have to earn extra money to do it. It's just the way I am. I like to spend on my hobbies or wants from extra money earned even though I know I can afford and get anything I want.

Mary

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The ones you recommended. I have to order my jasmine tea, a book I gave away, and some other stuff. I need to sit down for an hour to order so I just haven't been in the right mood. haha

I'm also very frugal and went back and worth on wheter I really wanted or needed them. I guess the answer is no but I earned some extra money during spring break so I guess I'll get them to try seed starting. My husband keeps telling me to just get them and they I don't have to earn extra money to do it. It's just the way I am. I like to spend on my hobbies or wants from extra money earned even though I know I can afford and get anything I want.

Mary

Mary, you are incorrigible, in a few weeks you will be selling seedlings at the Farmer's Market to earn "some extra money." o_O

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, you are incorrigible, in a few weeks you will be selling seedlings at the Farmer's Market to earn "some extra money." o_O
I know huh. A couple weeks ago I sold 3 dozen eggs at $6 a dozen. My husband told me I didn’t need to sell eggs and that I was going to have to pay taxes on that money, haha. He gets a little impatient with me when I want or need something and I don’t buy it. He especially doesn’t like it if I buy a used piece of clothing. Haha. Mind you I do have expensive clothes or things but they were all bought on sale at great deals. For example I bought a long sweater that was $278 at Banana Republic for $66. :)

Mary

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now
I know huh. A couple weeks ago I sold 3 dozen eggs at $6 a dozen. My husband told me I didn’t need to sell eggs and that I was going to have to pay taxes on that money, haha. He gets a little impatient with me when I want or need something and I don’t buy it. He especially doesn’t like it if I buy a used piece of clothing. Haha. Mind you I do have expensive clothes or things but they were all bought on sale at great deals. For example I bought a long sweater that was $278 at Banana Republic for $66. :)

Mary

Now, if you want to make money with seeds, @catjac1975 recently told me that they charge $100 just to try to germinate seeds from your orchid pod, If they succeed they will get thousands of plants, and they only give you 100 plants. And, you only need a pressure cooker and a cheap CFL $10 fluorescent light from Walmart to get started. You and I are kindred souls, and, there is nothing wrong with being frugal. :lol:

And, the little white dots in the bottom photo are orchid seeds from only two drops from a syringe.

flasks.jpg

seeds day4.jpg

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does everyone know when bail is set you only pay 10% of it, a $1,000 bail you only pay $100. Don't ask how I know this :hu
Nephew in his younger wilder days.
Hmmm... Should we perhaps add this anecdote to the ongoing saga of "the secret life of Nyboy"? :pop:D

Not that I'm one to talk, mind you. Had my own share of scrapes with the law, when I was young & foolish.

Now I've got Microsoft Customer Service after me, they've been calling saying there is something wrong with my computer... I'm sure their Tech Enforcement Squad will be showing up at my door any day now. :hide

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now

Now, if you want to make money with seeds, @catjac1975 recently told me that they charge $100 just to try to germinate seeds from your orchid pod, If they succeed they will get thousands of plants, and they only give you 100 plants. And, you only need a pressure cooker and a cheap CFL $10 fluorescent light from Walmart to get started. You and I are kindred souls, and, there is nothing wrong with being frugal. :lol:

And, the little white dots in the bottom photo are orchid seeds from only two drops from a syringe.

View attachment 25668

View attachment 25669

pressure cooker?!?!

Latest posts