Please tell Me Not A Good Deal

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you need it?

Not bad price (not a great price either),

Not all that rare. What kind of engine? Mine has old Clinton engine.

& no, don't ask how much invested in fixing it.... Way too much

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My suggestion--snow blower. Plows work fine IF light fluffy snow or you have monster pushing it. Snowblower doesn't care. 5 HP large enough just make sure it is a 2 stage with speed to throw snow.

Great time to buy snow blower on CL. :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are OK to use as cycle mower (mine does) or to attach cultivators, harrow, small disk or mull board plow-as long as not deep or sod.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been into vintage tractors and equipment for a long time. And I have always done my own restorations. It's lots of fun and if you do it right you can make a little money. However, the two-wheel-walk-behinds are no longer popular for a good reason. They're too heavy and most of the time difficult to handle, they're too light for good traction in soft soil, mud, on grass, etc. Parts are sometimes hard to find or not available at all. Old ignition systems are often troublesome. Old carburetors are often unreliable.

Unless you are into vintage equipment like that and do not intend to use it as a daily worker I would not recommend the purchase. If you're not an excellent mechanic with tons of tools - double that last sentence.

Just my opinion.

Latest posts